Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Guess What ... We got something!

I can't get an over-heard conversation out of my head this morning.

It happened the first weekend of the baseball season when the Cubs came into Miller Park (sarcastically called "Wrigley North") and gave us a pretty good spanking. A loud mouth Cub fan (and a Bud-Man, I'm sure) was spouting off on how over-rated the Brewers were in the baseball rags. He was bagging on Suppan, Jenkins and especially Bill Hall. He just kept stammering: "You guys got nothing ... I'm telling you ... nothing."


After a few innings, one of the good guys turned to him and said:


"Hey Buddy ... tell you what. Take a good look at my face. When your guys 'Cub' it up again and the Brewers are leading the division - remember this face ... because I told you it was coming. I know I will remember yours ..."


I can't speak for either of my box-mates, but I sure remembered both of their faces last night while watching the game from Wrigley (never to be called MP south).


Brewers Win ... Brewers Win ...

No comments: