Monday, April 23, 2007

Brother ... Can You Spare A Square?


Well what do you know: Seinfeld imitating life again.

Remember the 'can you spare a square' episode when Elaine runs out of toilet-paper and the lady in the adjacent stall refused to help her ... saying she can't spare a square?

Better start hording squares.

Sheryl Crow's think tank has decided that Americans should reduce their use of TP in order to hold global warming at bay.

*** Again - for those who do not read my blog on a regular basis - I am not one who questions global warming. It's happening. I am disappointed that man-kind as a whole feels so invulnerable that we think we can beat mother nature ***


But rationing TP? It's no wonder the cause gets such little traction.


Sheryl says that one square per visit will slow the globe's warming.


Maybe so.


But I don't want to live in a world where TP is rationed ... and neither does gray America (the blended red and blue America in which we real Americans live).


Until Sheryl Crow publicly denounces compact discs and 100% endorses the cause of 'green' downloaded music via iTunes - she can shut her mouth (please remove the bong first).


I once visited a CD plant in Indiana and know how many non renewable resources go into one Sheryl Crow CD ... pretty much every part of the package. Not to mention the waste. Plus, I checked. I was sent 4 copies of the last Sheryl Crow single at KTI ... two via regular mail and two via Fed-Ex.


Nice and green - huh?


So here is the deal: I won't ask you to give-up your CD's for lower revenue making downloads.


Just keep your nose out of my hygiene. Cool?




No comments: