Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ugly Betty - Fired?


You can't fire someone just for being ugly ... Can you?


Turns out ... You Can.


Unlike religion, national origin or disability, discrimination based on looks is legal in most states say employment law experts. Washington, D.C. and Santa Cruz, California are two of the only municipalities with laws explicitly protecting workers against discrimination based on physical characteristics or personal appearance.

(From CareerBuilder.com)


Thank goodness for radio - huh?


You only have to watch a one episode to know that Betty is beautiful. Her website:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your blog was about radio

Bob Walker said...

You know - I thought it was going to be all about radio too. But I had never ventured into the Blogosphere and I am learning a lot.

But I'm realizing the blogsophere is more about people than topics. My life revolves around radio, but I have observations and comments about life beyond Radio City. I have found the blogosphere as a great place to get more in touch with real life.

In the end - I think this will make be a better program director at KTI. The more of your world we can incorporate in the radio station, the more successful we will be.

Selfishly - there are so many people out there blogging and nobody is reading them. We have this platform of WKTI.COM and being able to post here is generating more traffic than I could have ever expected. Frankly, my e-mail volume has increased tremendously since I started the blog in November.

Just responding to this post has made me realzie how important it is for our talent to blog daily and share their personal lives with you too. So I am going to ask each to commit to a daily blog at the staff meeting this morning.

We'll see how it goes ...