Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Careful What You Ask For - Brit ...


The road to stardom begins with the media. When you’re looking to get ‘on the map,’ there is no such thing as too much media attention. We (the media) cover your every move and you eat it up. Great right? Except when you start the media fire – it will burn long after you want it in your business.

Enter Britney Spears:

"The media has criticized my every move and printed a skewed perception of who I really am as a human being. Behind every decision I have made in my public life there always seems to be an apparent contradiction. I have come to terms with that which is why I usually don't pay much attention to it."


Ten years ago your people were press releasing us every time you stopped for lunch. Now you want it to stop? Pardon the pun: but you’ve made your bed, now you have to lie in it. Here is the rest of Britney’s statement on her fan web-site closing - with my common sense interpretation in red:

Now that I've had the time to be 'me,' I've been able to sit down and think about where I want to go with myself as an entertainer with absolutely no strings attached (wait a minute – do I still have kids?). I am now more mature and feel like I am finally 'free,' (of wearing panties)

I've been working so hard on this new album and I can't wait for you all to hear it and to go on tour again! (I’m broke). I would like to exclusively tell you that I am working hard to release the new album sometime later this year, but the date is of course not certain yet," (the record company is trying to weasel out of this train wreck). I noticed today that one of my biggest fan sites is shutting down soon and I want you all to know that I do understand all the reasons that went behind making that decision, and I am sad to see it closing. (It’s all Paris and I talked about in the limo – wait … that’s why I forgot my underpants – that’s it!).

If I were you I'd be unhappy too if I had to read what I've been reading every day (okay, what I’ve been seeing on Access Hollywood – c’mon who has time to read while hung-over and stuff).

But trust me, I get it. I know I've been far from perfect and the media has had a lot of fun exaggerating my every move, but I want you all to know that I love my fans so much, and I appreciate everything you have done for me, so Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" (oh, excuse me: I’m hung over and have to barf)
Her web-site peeps add: I've not been happy with the way she's portraying herself," (nobody in our camp is making any $$ off her goodie picture)

As Britney keeps losing her identity and credibility within fans and industry people, so are we. We're moving on to greater, bigger things. (Is Christiana Aguilera available?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! She is too much! Love the extra comments (in red). :)