Thursday, February 1, 2007

Two Winners Last Night

Some of the auditions on last night's Idol were so preposterous that I couldn't tell at first if Brandon Rogers (the 28 year old from Hollywood) was simply the only one who didn't suck - or if he was good. But before Randy, Simon, Paula and Olivia even spoke - we backed up the DVR and watched - or should I say more importantly listened - again.

He was good. Really Good.

He was the one who sang Always On My Mind (Willie Nelson and the Pet Shop Boys each had a hit with the song). I really hate to root for somebody from Holly-weird. But he seems more like one of us than one of them.

I admit - I loved the old dude who sang You Belong To Me. At first I was skeptical of his story(c'mon it's reality TV!). I thought he might just be trying to meat Olivia Newton John. I love how Simon asked him about being over 28.

But the minute he started ... "See the pyramids along the Nile..." I knew it was legit. I was all goose-bumps before he got to "Nile." That is one my my 'top 5' favorite songs of all time and Sherman did it justice.

He's right. He was a winner.

No comments: