Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Ramblings From Out In The Cold ...



  • When I was a kid they never cancelled school because it was cold … (they should have! My feet hurt by the time I got to school. There was two heating vents on the bus … and only the bullies got vent time)


  • The Country Springs indoor water park pool temperature? 80 degrees

  • How about those people getting off their charter from Mexico … from 85 to minus five in a few hours …that’s gotta hurt. Welcome to Milwaukee - claim your bags on carousel three before it freezes ...


  • We’re not going to keep playing Cold as Ice. It really wasn’t that clever the first time and you’re not being clever requesting it.


  • Since crime comes to a stop in sub-zero weather … and I’m afraid my locks will freeze: it’s another leave the car unlocked day.


  • I laughed when I heard the weather guys say it would feel warmer this morning. After all what’s the difference between a -30 and a -20 wind chill. But I swear – it did feel warmer. The mind is powerful.


  • You would think that only Chicago and NY are sub zero if watching the networks (Minneapolis if you watch CNN).


  • That ground hog was full of crap.


  • Hard to believe we have to warn anybody about using the oven as a space heater …


  • Why do dogs take 3 times a long to do their ‘business’ when it’s 10 below?



  • The steam coming off Lake Michigan was beautiful. The steam coming off my hand was scary.



  • Why didn't I spring for seat warmers in the car?



  • Tomato soup rules ...



  • Remember last month's heating bill? Those days are over.



  • I'll bet even Britney would wear long underwear in this weather.



  • I bet it felt colder in Chicago today ...

No comments: