Friday, December 22, 2006

Winter Wonderland ...

Ever since I was a kid, the story of the Titanic fascinated me (long before Leo and Kate steamed up the big screen).

How could floating ICE take down such a mighty ship?

I think I saw a small example this morning when I arrived at Radio City. We have one of those snowbanks - hard-packed by our snowplows. You know, the ones in the corner of the parking lot.

It just won't go away!

After a week of 50+ degree weather and two days of driving rain - the giant ice cube still exists. I was never good at physics in high-school, but I can only image the density of our remaining snowbank. At this point, it's more than just ice. There's plenty of dirt and mud and who-knows what at it's core. But I bet we couldn't move that think with the biggest snow-plow we have.

So if you take my small example, multiply it by hundreds of times in size and set it loose in the Atlantic Ocean: Bye bye Titanic.

I had to take a picture to send to my family in Colorado. Yesterday I got their amazing photo's of the 3+ feet of snow in their yard. I wanted to share my "winter-wonderland" with them.

BTW: I am not complaining. As Lips said this morning - you don't shovel rain!

No comments: