Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mom Was Right - You've Got To Try It!


Even though it's been open now for a month or so, I made my first venture up to the Bayshore Town Center after work today. It's near our office - I just don't like the whole "shopping" scene. I remember thinking I would hate all the congestion, walking outside in the cold, trying to find my car afterwords ... typical guy whining.

But - man - I was wrong.

Sure - it was too damn cold tonight, but the town-center's quaint Main street and "brave" little band playing xmas stuff really set the scene. The big tree with the high-tech light display was mind-boggling. Those electronic signs that say how many parking spots are left on each lot/level really helped. The place was packed - but didn't feel congested. I stand corrected.

I guess it's hard to project how we are going to feel about something we have never really experienced. That's the thinking we use when we add new songs. Sure - we want your feedback and will put it to good use. But until we've been playing the song for a week or two - I'll bet you can't really form an opinion.

Who would have projected Starbucks success? Let's see, you're going to charge me 3 bucks for a cup of coffee which I will be glad to fork-over and maybe even up-sell to a 2 dollar hunk of lemon cake ... And I will love it because it's a place that makes me feel better about myself (by hiring cheery cashiers ... playing Alanis Morissette acoustic songs ... firing up the gas fireplace ... etc). Who would have seen that coming?

No comments: