Saturday, March 24, 2007

Let There Be Baseball ...

As you will soon discover, the 3rd and final thing that is a big deal in my life is baseball (the first two being my family and radio).

If you hate baseball, I apologize: but the fact is that it is part of my tri-fecta and only relevant for half of the year. I get into it pretty heavily. My wife calls it my addiction.

So here goes: my thoughts/questions for the crew in '07 and my big picture prediction: the 2007 World Series.

For the Brewers ... it's the preseason and Nobody Asked Me ... but:

  • Are we to expect that the hitters will lower their strikeouts? I have not heard what Bill Hall, Rickie Weeks and Geoff Jenkins have done to fix their K problem? I'm afraid the pitching euphoria has hidden this problem.
  • My buddy in KC laughs when he reads we gave Suppon the biggest contract in franchise history. His beloved Royals had Suppon for a long time and he tells me that he is indeed a guy that will give you 7 innings regularly - but he'll need 4 runs from the offense to stay in the game.
  • We are in the NL. Are we going to play small ball? C'mon: it's been 10+ years ...
  • Is Cappy better? Man I hope so: I love to watch this guy pitch. He melted down at the end of last year ... and hasn't looked any better in Arizona.
  • I am thrilled to have Craig Counsell back on the team. I know, he's a mid 200 hitter - but this is the guy I want up at the plate when the season is on the line. Craig may not be good for my fantasy team: but I want him in the real world with a bat in hand.
  • Turnbow: use the force!
  • Is Jenkins Jungle moving back to the left field stands ... or will they let that die?
  • I really like Corey Hart. I just hope he's ready for the "show" on a regular basis.
  • We've got to have another big year from Dave Bush. A repeat of last year and we got our $$ worth.
  • Big Ben: Win the Cy this year. I think it's now or never for Sheets.

  • If the new sausage wins on opening day - the thing is rigged.


I do not see the Crew in the series this year. I don't even know if they will win the division because I can't get a handle on the other teams just yet. But I do think they have to win the division. The wildcard ill come out of the east or west (I'm guessing Phillies or D-Backs). I think the Crew will win 85 games (92 if they play more small ball)

I can't belive all the pundits are predicting Yankees for world champs. My prediction for the 2007 WS: Indians - Mets, with the other New Yorkers taking the trophy to Queens.













No comments: