Thursday, March 15, 2007

Your Traffic - Your Commute


Remember the old days when you actually had to wait for us to get to the traffic on the air? By old days - I mean last month.

We just launched a brand new FREE traffic service that is just for you. Once you sign-up, you can get a custom traffic report based solely on your route home. You can also check out other 'jam' spots around town and look at some cool maps with pulsing lines where things are jammed-up.

You can get there by clicking the EYE ON TRAFFIC line on our home-page. Here's a direct link if you want to take a peek right now.


http://www.traffic.com/Milwaukee-Traffic/Milwaukee-Traffic-Reports.html?AWOPARTNER=WKTI


I just love technology. I still remember my first VCR ... my first walk-man ... my first answering machine ... my first personal computer (the Texas Instruments 99/4).


http://computermuseum.50megs.com/brands/ti994.htm


It didn't even have a disc drive. I backed up everything on a regular cassette using a regular cassette machine. It was a long process that was not very reliable - yet we were blown away.


I can't wait to see what blows us away in the next 20 years.


1 comment:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

My computer was the Commadore 64. Cassette, Basic programming, and "Sprites". Poke and Peek were the meat and potatoes of the CPU. Remember the GOTO command?

10 GOTO 10 The loop of death!

KTI Rocks, Brother
Speedcat Hollydale