Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What's My Demo?

Back from a fun dinner with friends at the trusty Outback Steakhouse (love that pumpernickel bread!). I was checking e-mail and was puzzled by this question:

Why do I only hear female callers playing your contests on KTI? Do I have no chance because I am not a demo female?

That's some media savvy writing - DEMO FEMALE?

When we ask for caller # 15, we actually go through the process of taking 15 calls. If you've ever been close, you might have heard us say "you're caller 12 - try again!"

To the conspiracy theorists - and media savvy writers: Any radio station that does not go through the calls is crazy. If you took the first call or two, it would be the same people. The professional contest players easily get through - because they are playing hard. By taking 15 calls we make it more fair and spread the swag around.

As for the demo female - Might it be because that's who is listening? Most of our listeners are females in their 20's, 30's and 40's. If they get through the most -I think it's self explanatory.

Plus, we know for a fact that is not true. We have already had male callers on RANDOM REINDEER and I remember giving away several plasma TV's to non demo females.

Makes me wonder - Am I a DEMO - MALE at Outback?

No comments: