Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday Morning Quarterback



I buy officially licensed MLB clothing.

I see the banner ads behind the batter.

In other words - I have paid my freight as a baseball fan and deserve to do some arm-chair quarterbacking (is there a baseball metaphor as good as this one? I cannot think of one).

Carlos Villaneuva walks three batters in a row with 2 outs to load the bases. They weren't close 3-2 counts that ended up as walks. There was something like 5 or 6 balls in a row.

He was in trouble. He was left-in.

Why? This isn't triple A Milwaukee baseball anymore. The Cubs won. We needed to win to keep our 3.5 game lead. We have an 8 game road trip ahead (including a double-header).

I wanna hear Ned say YEAH, We're in a pennant race and I'm watching the scoreboard.

Why?

Because it's the truth. It better be ... otherwise leaving Villaneuva in was resorting back to last year's "let them develop" mentality.

If we don't make the play-offs by a game ... remember Friday 7-20-07.

No comments: